At The Berkeley we are committed to providing a safe, healthy and positive environment for both our residents and employees. Our employees are encouraged to interact with residents often throughout the work day. Developing and maintaining relationships helps to foster the sense of community and belonging that sets us apart.
We focus on enabling professional growth and development, and we encourage our employees to make learning a priority. The Berkeley reimburses its committed employees for relevant training and professional development so that they may improve and build on their skill sets.
We adhere to Ontario Retirement Communities Association (ORCA) standards, and we pride ourselves on maintaining the quality of our services, as well as the aesthetics and safety of our buildings. Our employees are required to know the standards by which we are governed and we support them in their efforts to complete the required online tutorials on a timely basis.
The Berkeley Advantage:
- On-going training opportunities and on-line ORCA Tutorials
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Matched RRSP contribution up to 5%
- Benefits Plan – Health & Dental
- Years of Service Anniversary Pins & Certificates
- Free annual anniversary meals
- Daily discounted meals from kitchen
- Weekly Casual Days (in support of charities)
- Mooseheads Ticket Draws
- Discounted Neptune tickets
- Employee Parking
- Staff Events/Outings/Challenges: Bowling nights, Holiday Party, Pedometer Challenges, potlucks, team fundraising and community involvement ie: Breast Cancer’s Run for the Cure. Be a Santa to a Senior and Alzheimer’s Walk for Memories
All buildings on or near major bus routes:
Halifax - Bus #: 3, 9, 7, 35, 41
Dartmouth - Bus #: 65, 56, 59, 61, 68
Bedford - Bus #: 80 & 82
Gladstone - Bus #: 2, 4, 52, 17, 18, 80, 82